VA Mortgage Loans
A VA mortgage loan is a loan that is only available to US Military service members, veterans, and surviving spouses. The Department of Veteran Affairs is not the actual lender of a VA loan in Florida. Instead, it partially guarantees the loans that approved VA mortgage lenders, like AnnieMac Home Mortgage, have made to all eligible service men and women.
Eligibility Criteria, Must Be or Have Been a:
- Reservists or National Guard members
- Active-Duty Personnel
- Surviving Spouse
Benefits of VA loans Florida
- No down payment is required (unless the lender requires it or if the purchase price is higher than the reasonable value of the property)
- Negotiable interest rate.
- Buyer is informed of the property’s reasonable value
- Functionality to finance the VA funding-fee (plus there are reduced funding fees with a minimum 5% down payment & exemption for veterans who receive VA compensation)
- It’s an assumable mortgage.
- No mortgage-insurance premiums
- You have a right to prepay without any penalty
- The VA also provides assistance to defaulting borrowers (in case of temporary financial difficulty)
Veterans are able apply for VA Mortgage Loans with mortgage lenders who participate in the VA loans Florida Programs. However, they require a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
from the Department of Veteran Affairs to prove to the lender that they are eligible for this loan. As your lender, we may also be able to get this certificate on your behalf.
If you think you are eligible for a VA Mortgage Loans, contact Mortgages Done Right Inc. experts at (561) 777-7622. We will check whether you meet all the eligibility criteria and provide you with any additional details that you may need. You can also send us your queries on
this website form.
Areas We serve:
Jacksonville, Homestead, Orlando, Tampa, Pensacola etc….
Palm Beach, Miami Dade, Broward, St Lucie, Martin.
Miami, Coral Gables, North Miami, Hollywood, Hallandale, Ft Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, Weston, Parkland, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Wellington, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Are the children of a living or deceased veteran eligible for the home loan benefit?
No, the children of an eligible veteran are not eligible for the home loan benefit.
Q: How can I obtain proof of military service?
Standard Form 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records, is used to apply for proof of military service regardless of whether you served on regular active duty or in the selected reserves. This request form is NOT processed by VA.
Rather, Standard Form 180 is completed and mailed to the appropriate custodian of military service records. Instructions are provided on the reverse of the form to assist in determining the correct forwarding address.
Q: Is the surviving spouse of a deceased veteran eligible for the home loan benefit?
The unmarried surviving spouse of a veteran who died on active duty or as the result of a service-connected disability is eligible for the home loan benefit.